USING THE LIBRARY
- Items can be renewed by phone, in person, or online
- Call or come in to renew overdue items
- Each item typically can be renewed twice
- Renewals are not available on items reserved by another person.
- A book drop is located in the 6th Avenue parking lot and all borrowed materials may be returned there
- Inside the building, you can return materials at the Public Services desk
- Lost or damaged items will result in the replacement cost of the item being charged
Checkout Periods & Fines
- See the chart below for DPL’s checkout limits, times, & fines.
- All fines and fees must be paid in full and all overdue items returned before a library card can be renewed, replaced or a computer card issued.
- Borrowing privileges and use of public computers will be suspended for cardholders with overdue items and with fines/fees of $5 or more.
- Cardholders are responsible for all use made of the card until it is reported lost or stolen.
Lost or stolen cards should be reported immediately to the Public Services desk: 256-353-2993 ext. 108.
Suggest a Library Purchase
Is there something we should have in our collection, but don’t? Request that Decatur Public Library purchase the item!
LIBRARY USE GUIDELINES
We can locate books, articles and microfilm from other libraries and have them sent here to be available to you.
You may request up to 4 Interlibrary Loan items at a time
ILL items do have a cost associated with them, which is paid once the item is here and you check it out.
Cost per item is :
- Books – $3.00
- Articles 1-20 pages – $1.00, more than 20 pages – $2.00;
- Microfilm–Cost of postage.
Have your library card ready.
Renewals can be done on request by the interlibrary loan librarian. Public Services CANNOT renew these items.
To request an Interlibrary Loan call Heather at 256-353-2993 ext. 108 or fill and submit the form below.
When you visit the Library
When inside the library building, please:
- Be respectful of other library users
- Keep your children with you at all times
- Put your cell phone on silent and do not have conversations with your speakerphone on
For a complete list of library rules, CLICK HERE.
Photo Consent Policy for Decatur Public Library
Attendance at programs sponsored by the Decatur Public Library may be digitally recorded through photographs or video recordings.
These images may be posted on our website, in our newsletter, by local newspapers or ultimately on the World Wide Web.
If you do not wish your image to be published, please notify a member of the Library staff before or immediately after the program.
No individual photos will be used unless we have a signed photo consent form on file.
The consent forms for children under the age of 16 must be signed by a parent.
Approved by Board of Trustees on August 13, 2019