Decatur Public Library has:
- US 1040 & 1040-SR
- US 1040 & 1040-SR instruction booklet
- Alabama Tax Booklets (form included) – Ask at the Plug-in Bar or Public Services desk to get the Alabama form/booklet
You can obtain copies of Federal forms and instructions through:
FREE TAX HELP from R.S.V.P.
*TAX HELP IS BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.* Call 256-232-7207 to make your appointment.
No walk-ins will be accepted. To make your appointment, call 256-232-7207.
*DO NOT CALL THE LIBRARY*
WHAT TO BRING
- For married filing joint, both spouses must be present
- Photo identification for you and your spouse (if filing joint return)
- Social Security cards or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number documents for you, your spouse, and dependents
- Birth dates for you, spouse and dependents
- A copy of last year’s tax return
- All Forms W-2, 1098, and 1099
- Form 1095-A (Marketplace Health Insurance)
- Information for other income
- Information for all deductions/credits
- Total paid to day care provider and their tax ID number
- For direct deposit of refund, proof of account number
- For prior year returns, copies of income transcripts from IRS (if Form W-2 not available)
For details on what the tax volunteers will and will not prepare, click here.
RSVP (Retired Senior Volunteer Program) will once again be providing free tax preparation under the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program set up by the Internal Revenue Service.