How to get a Decatur Public Library Card
- CLICK HERE to fill out your online card application.
- Come in to Decatur Public Library to pick up your card.
- *IF YOU ARE LESS THAN 16 YEARS OLD, YOUR PARENT/LEGAL GUARDIAN MUST COME WITH YOU*
- Go to the Public Services Desk and present the appropriate documentation (click on the buttons below to see what is required)
- Our Public Services staff member will issue your library card.
If you do not come into the library to present your documentation and get your card within 30 days after filling out our online card application, your information will be deleted from our system.
Computer Use Cards
Computer use only cards are available to anyone 16 years or older, free of charge, regardless of residence. You must present identification with name and address, and if you have a previous library card it must be clear of overdue items and fines.
About your DPL card
- Library cards are valid for two years (residents) or one year (non-residents).
- Replacement of a lost/missing card is $3.00.
- No minimum age, but persons younger than 16 must have a parent or guardian sign the application stating they will accept financial responsibility.
- All fines/fees must be paid in full and all overdue items returned before a library card can be renewed or replaced.
- Library privileges (borrowing, computer use, etc.) are suspended if more than $5 is owed.
- Library cards must be presented for all transactions including the use of public computers. If you do not have your card with you when you use library services, there is a $1 fee for library staff to look up and provide you with your card number.
- You are responsible for the use of your library card. Lost or stolen cards should be reported immediately to the Public Services Desk: 256.353.2993, ext. 107.