Monday – Thursday: 10am – 6pm
Friday: 10am – 5pm
Saturday: 10am – 4pm
The former DPL Curbside number (256-208-3487) will no longer be in service after March 22nd.
Curbside Pickup location:
How to Place Holds
- You can place holds in our online catalog or by calling 256-353-2993, then press 2 for Public Services.
- Holds will be filled in the order they are received.
- Online catalog requests: After your items are pulled and ready for pickup, you will receive a notification by email or text (depending on how you have set up your account) letting you know your items are ready for pickup.
- Telephone requests: When you call to request items, staff will let you know the time frame for you to pick up your items.
- When you arrive to pick up your order, you will call the DPL curbside number to let us know you’re here. You will be asked to provide your DPL card number at that time. Staff will check out your items and deliver them to your vehicle.
- All calls for materials received after 2:00pm will not be available until the next day.
- You cannot pickup materials placed on hold in our online catalog until you receive notification that your materials are ready. If you request over the phone, staff will advise you when to pick up items.
- When you arrive to pick up your materials, pull your car into the circular drive on the Cherry Street side of the building and park in front of the steps. Remain in your car. Open the trunk of your vehicle or lower a window where no passenger is sitting. Our staff cannot hand materials to an individual directly.
- You must call the number on the sign to let the staff know you are here to pick up your materials. You will be asked to provide your DPL card number at that time.
- Staff cannot take materials from you, only deliver new items.
- Limit 10 items per card. Families may pick up orders for multiple cards in the same trip.
- Normal material limits apply (i.e. maximum of 5 audio books, 5 DVDs, etc.)
- Normal checkout periods apply (2 weeks for books, audio books and kits; 1 week for DVDs).
- If you do not pick up your order after 5 business days, your items will be put back on the shelf.
How to Return Materials
- DPL book drops are open and ALL materials must be returned in the book drops.
- Staff will NOT be able to take returned materials during curbside pickups.
How Curbside Pickup Works
- Place a hold on a book or DVD and wait for your confirmation phone call.
- Come to the library during the designated pickup times and pull into the circular drive on the Cherry Street side of the building. Park in front of the steps.
- Call the number on the sign to let staff know you have arrived for your pickup.
- Remain in your vehicle and either open your trunk or lower a window adjacent to an empty seat.
- Library staff members will bring your materials to your vehicle and place them in your trunk or in the seat of your vehicle. Staff cannot hand materials to anyone directly.
- Return any materials you are done with in the designated book drops. Staff cannot accept returns when making curbside deliveries.