Monday – Thursday:
10am – 6pm
10am – 5pm
10am – 4pm
Curbside Pickup Location
When you turn onto Cherry Street from Lee street, turn right into the first entrance to the circle drive. Pull your to the other side of the stairs, so that you can clearly see the curbside sign. This leaves room behind you for other patrons, should it be needed.
How To Place Holds:
How to Return Materials
- DPL book drops are open and ALL materials must be returned in the book drops.
- Staff will NOT be able to take returned materials during curbside pickups.
How Curbside Pickup Works
- Place a hold on a book or DVD and wait for your confirmation phone call.
- Come to the library during the designated pickup times and pull into the circular drive on the Cherry Street side of the building. Park in front of the steps.
- Call the number on the sign to let staff know you have arrived for your pickup.
- Remain in your vehicle and either open your trunk or lower a window adjacent to an empty seat.
- Library staff members will bring your materials to your vehicle and place them in your trunk or in the seat of your vehicle. Staff cannot hand materials to anyone directly.
- Return any materials you are done with in the designated book drops. Staff cannot accept returns when making curbside deliveries.
- You cannot pickup materials placed on hold in our online catalog until you receive notification that your materials are ready. If you request over the phone, staff will advise you when to pick up items.
- When you arrive to pick up your materials, pull your car into the circular drive on the Cherry Street side of the building and park in front of the steps. Remain in your car. Open the trunk of your vehicle or lower a window where no passenger is sitting. Our staff cannot hand materials to an individual directly.
- You must call the number on the sign to let the staff know you are here to pick up your materials. You will be asked to provide your DPL card number at that time.
- Staff cannot take materials from you, only deliver new items.
- Limit 10 items per card. Families may pick up orders for multiple cards in the same trip.
- Normal material limits apply (i.e. maximum of 5 audio books, 5 DVDs, etc.)
- Normal checkout periods apply (2 weeks for books, audio books and kits; 1 week for DVDs).
- If you do not pick up your order after 5 business days, your items will be put back on the shelf.